- House to house distribution of Application Forms by Govt Functionaries.
- Elaborate instructions for filling up shall accompany the blank Application Form.
- Forms will also be available at the NRC Seva Kendras (NSKs) or can be downloaded from the NRC Website.
- In all instance the Form shall be available free of cost.
- Photo copies of blank Application Form can also be used.
- One Application Form shall be given for one household that would provide for spaces up to 5 members of the family. In case of big size families more than one Form can be obtained or photocopy of the original Form could be used.
- Forms shall be available in English, Assamese and Bengali and shall be distributed as per prominent/common language spoken in a particular Area.
HOW TO FILL UP?
- The head of the family shall apply for all the members of the family.
- Ensure inclusion of admissible documents and identity & linkage documents with Application Form.
- Only photocopies of the required documents and not the originals are to be submitted at the NSKs along with the Application Form. Originals need to be kept ready for producing during field verification carried out by government functionaries.
- The family would require providing 2.5×2.5 size photographs (either in color or black & white) for each member of the family in the Application Form.
- In case the family head is no more, the descendants can apply.
- In case of a minor or in case ofdisabled person, head of the family or legal guardian shall apply.
- In case of orphanage, homes for mentally or physically handicapped etc, head of the institution shall apply for the inmates.
- Trainings shall be carried out in the field sensitizing willing persons and field Govt functionaries on Application Form filling up.
- D voters can apply, but their names shall finally be included in NRC only if the Foreigners Tribunals declare them to be citizens.
Toll Free NRC Helpline, (Number 15107) will help the public/applicants in filling up the Application Form and in obtaining the necessary documents.
WHERE TO SUBMIT?
- Forms shall be received only at the NRC Seva Kendra (NSK).
- One NSK shall receive Applications from only the villages that are marked under it.
- The public shall be made aware of their designated NSK through publicity measures.
- The NSK operator shall check the Form before receiving.
- On receipt of duly filled up Form, the NSK operator shall give the printout of submitted Application Form along with the summary of the submitted documents.
- The Local Registrar of Citizen Registration (LRCR) who is the officer in charge of the NSK shall issue acknowledgement of receipt.
- Only a member of the family whose name figure in the Application Form can be allowed to submit the Application Form.
- In some exceptional cases if anyone outside the family comes for submission, a photo the bearer shall be captured at NSK for record and verification.
- Forms can also be submitted online (nrcassam.nic.in) also after registration using mobile number of the applicant.
For Video Tutorials on How to Fill Up the Application Form Please Click Here.