Guwahati Municipal Corporation.
Last date: 24/08/2015.
Applications are invited from the intending candidates for the post of Office Assistant to be engaged in different Branches of G.M.C. on contractual basis.
Name of post: Office Assistant
No. of post: 40 nos.
Age: Between 21 years and 35 years as on 01-01-2015.
Remuneration: Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand) only (fixed).
i) Graduate in any discipline
ii) One year Computer Diploma with knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point etc.
iii) Computer Typing in English and Assamese.
Job responsibilities: The appointed candidates may have to work on Holidays and beyond normal office working hours as and when necessary.
Terms & Conditions:
1) The engagement is purely temporary and liable to be terminated at any time.
2) Two copies of self attested passport size photograph is to be submitted. The candidates shall apply in the Standard Form/Plain paper with all relevant details including name, address, age, sex, date of birth, educational qualification, percentage of marks obtained in Class X, XII & Degree exams with relevant mark sheets, Computer knowledge & post experience, copy of age proof. Original documents will be checked at the time of interview.
3) 160 (One hundred & sixty) number of candidates with highest aggregate from marks obtained in X, XII & Degree examinations shall be invited for the interview.
4) No cognizance will be taken of unsolicited applications submitted before the publication of this notice.
5) The list of selected candidates for interview will be published at GMC’s website www.gmcportal.in and selected candidates for interview are requested to report at GMC Head Office, Panbazar, Guwahati-781001 as per schedule.
6) The Commissioner, Guwahati Municipal Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any candidature without assigning any reason thereof.
How to apply: Applications should be addressed to the Commissioner, Guwahati Municipal Corporation and submitted at ‘Drop Box’ at Uzanbazar GMC Office, Guwahati-781001 within office hours. Self addressed stamp affixed envelope should also be attached with the application form.