Assam Public Service Commission (APSC).
Last Date: 27/04/2015.
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
1. Name of the post: Research Assistant under Planning & Development Depth
No of post: 10 nos.
Pay: Rs.8,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- PB-3 plus a Grade Pay of Rs.4300/- PM plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules of the Govt, of Assam.
Age: 21 years to 38 years as on 01-01-2015. The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5(five) years in case of SC/ST(P) & ST(H) candidates.
The upper age limit in respect of candidates who have been serving in lower posts or cadres in the service for a maximum period of 5 years on the DATE of application shall be 40 years on the 1st January 2015. Such candidates seeking age relaxation must apply through proper channel but no extra time will be given for submission of application forms.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce from any recognized University with either Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Agricultural Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Business Administration., Business Management, Geography or.Commerce as one of the subjects. Preference shall be given to the Honours Graduates.
2. Name of the post: Asstt. Professors in Diphu Govt. College, Diphu under Higher Education Deptt.
Number of Post: 17 nos
Pay: Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- Grade Pay of Rs. 6,600/-with other allowances as admissible.
Age: 21 to 38 years as on 01-01-2015. Relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years for candidates belonging to SC and ST is applicable.
1) Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
3) Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph,D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/institutions.
4) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
5) A relaxation of 5% will be provided at the graduate and Master’s level for the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Differently – abled (physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
6) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D.Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.