Everyone deserves to have flawless skin, but it’s not so easy to achieve – especially if you’re already in your late 20s or early 30s, when things like acne and wrinkles are likely to start to pop up on your face. Luckily, there are several effective remedies and methods that can be used to tackle even the worst skin problems, such as acne and wrinkles, including using face oils. But what exactly are these oils? And how can they help you achieve the perfect skin you’ve always wanted? Read on below to find out!
1) Choose the right oil for your skin type
Choosing the right oil is important because not all oils are created equal. For example, olive oil can be too harsh for sensitive skin and jojoba oil may be too heavy. In general, you should use a lighter weight oil if you have dry or aging skin and a heavier weight oil if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
2) If you have acne-prone skin, look for oils that are non-comedogenic
For acne-prone skin, look for oils that are non-comedogenic. This will help the oil to glide on your skin and not clog pores. Avoid essential oils that have comedogenic ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter.
3) Apply oil after cleansing and toning, but before moisturizing
- Apply oil after cleansing and toning, but before moisturizing. This ensures that the pores are open and ready to drink in all of the skin-loving nutrients found in oils.
- Choose a light, unscented face oil or one with a scent you enjoy (eucalyptus, lavender).
- Start by applying two drops at the temples and two on the jawline, then work your way down to your neck, chest, arms and hands (if you want).
4) Use a few drops of oil, and massage it into your skin
There are a variety of oils you can use on your skin, but it’s always best to do a patch test first. Experiment with different oils and find what works for you.
Massage the oil into your skin, starting from the inside out.
5) Don’t forget to apply oil to your neck and chest
Applying a face oil is an easy way to keep your skin looking and feeling refreshed. Try massaging the oil into the areas on your body that are prone to dryness such as your neck, chest, wrists, hands or feet. You can also use it as an overnight moisturizer by applying it before bed and letting it work its magic while you sleep.
For a multi-purpose treatment, mix a few drops of your favorite face oil with your foundation for a dewy complexion.
6) You can use face oils in place of, or in addition to, your usual serum
Face oils can be a great addition to your skincare routine if you are looking to bring some extra hydration and nourishment into your life. With so many options on the market today, it can be hard to know where to start or what kind of oil will work best for you.
7) face oils can be used in place of moisturizer
Our skin is our body’s largest organ, so it’s important to take care of it. One way to do that is by using face oils instead of moisturizer. A moisturizer can be iritating and clog your pores, but a face oil won’t. Plus, you get a lot more out of the product because you don’t need as much.
8) If you have oily skin, use oil sparingly
If you have oily skin, use oil sparingly. Use just enough to cover your face and avoid overdoing it or your skin will feel heavy and greasy. It’s also best to use oil at night because it can make your skin too shiny in the day. If you prefer using an oil during the day, try using a light one like apricot kernel oil or grape seed oil that is more easily absorbed into the skin.
9) Be careful when using essential oils
Essential oils are very powerful and should never be used without proper knowledge. You should always do your research on the type of oil you are using, where it comes from, and what it can be used for. You also want to make sure that you are using oils in the correct way as well. For example, some people might use a carrier oil to dilute their essential oils when applying them topically.
10) Use oil in conjunction with other products for best results
If you’re looking to add a little bit more hydration to your routine, adding a face oil is an easy way to do so. Use it in conjunction with other products such as moisturizer or primer for best results. I like to use oil in the morning and at night because it gives my skin that extra boost of hydration before bedtime which is beneficial because my skin tends to be drier when I’m sleeping. You can also mix your favorite oils together to get the perfect blend.